We’re not shy about how much we love Fab.com around here. And we’d be lying if we said there weren’t a few boxes delivered weekly, full of affordable designer home merch. So when we found out they were jumping off the web and into SoHo, we were stoked. Tomorrow, the online retailer’s 142 Wooster Street pop-up shop will disappear forever, so we came up with 10 reasons to get yourself down there before it’s gone. But, of course, you’ll always be able to shop on Fab.com, thank goodness.
10. They have funny posters, like the one on the left!
9. Wedding season is coming up and you can stock up on design-minded goods for the happy new couple.
8. It’s in the basement of FLOR, another top store for furniture in SoHo.
7. There are Andy Warhol skateboards for $65. Repeat. Andy Warhol skateboards.
6. The whole shop is about color. It’s like a stained-glass window and Design Within Reach had a baby and opened a store.
5. The people! The staff are friendly, but not over-the-top friendly, I had a conversation with a woman who grew up in Connecticut (we all find each other) about the future of retail. We both agreed: Fab has a pretty good grasp on the situation.
4. The other people! The pop-up was created in honor of NY Design Week, so you can be sure you’ll spot some interesting patrons there.
3. In the back, there is a giant robot couch. It’s basically just a friendly robot, a welcome change from evil robots. You know who you are, evil robots.
2. Find something others don’t have. If there’s one thing we love about Fab, it’s that people are always inquiring after our purchases. You’ll find an array of jewelry and accessories that will start conversations and probably lead you to the love of your life.
1. You’re an interesting person. As an interesting person, you should head down to shop with like-minded people and peruse the top-notch selection of well-priced merchandise. However, if you buy the last Andy Warhol skate deck, I will cut you.
So what are you waiting for? Go.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Ask A Dude: Do Heels Really Make A Difference?
- RIP Donna Summer: Remembering the Disco Queen’s Awesome Style
- Carine Roitfeld Becomes a Grandma: Here’s Eight Chic Ladies She Can Learn From
- The Best Looks From the Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony—And How to Get Them
- Exclusive Video! Adriana Lima and Erin Heatherton On The Beach!
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine