The following is a guest post from our friends at Fab Sugar.
With the help of lightweight fabrics, neutral hues, and a strategic exercise in wearing as little as possible (without risking a skin-baring snafu), we think it’s pretty darn easy to beat the humidity blues. Remember to steer clear of materials that don’t breathe; in fact, we’ve got two words for you: woven cotton. If you want to up your formality, opt for loose-fitted silk or semisheer chiffon pieces that won’t cling to you as the temperatures rise. Finally, in order to properly beat these hot, humid weather extremities, it’s all about wearing more "giving" silhouettes à la airy maxi dresses, wide-leg trousers, relaxed tops–you get the idea.
With that, here are 11 summer-perfect pieces that breathe and look good.
More on Luckymag.com:
- What to Wear to a Summer High School Reunion
- $50 and Under: Feminine Romantic Pieces
- The Best Fabrics to Wear in Summer
- How to Wear as Little as Possible to Work and Still Look Professional
- 50 White Dresses Under $50
More from Fabsugar.com:
- Summer Style That Cooks: What to Wear to Your Fourth of July BBQ
- Our Ultimate Swimsuit Guide–Get the Best Fit For Your Body
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine