Fashion, as a entity, owes a lot to the British. Not only have our pals across the pond given us design geniuses of the likes of Alexander McQueen, Burberry and Vivienne Westwood, but we’ve also been granted eye candy in the form of Cara Delevingne, Twiggy, Jourdan Dunn and, perhaps most importantly, Kate Moss.
So it’s little wonder that the British Fashion Awards are a star-studded red carpet extravaganza we look forward to more and more with every passing year. 2013’s celebration was more major than ever, with a very well-deserved Special Recognition award going to Moss and double wins (for Red Carpet Award and Brand of the Year) for Victoria Beckham. Doe-eyed newcomer Edie Campbell beat out Sam Rollinson and 2012 winner Cara Delevingne for Model of the Year, while Christopher Kane nabbed the Womenswear Designer of the Year title. Other notable winners included Nicholas Kirkwood (for Accessory Designer of the Year) and J.W. Anderson (for New Establishment Designer).
For the full list of winners, see below!
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Christopher Kane
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Burberry
- International Designer of the Year: Miuccia Prada for Prada
- Designer Brand of the Year: Burberry
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Nicholas Kirkwood
- Emerging Womenswear Designer: Simone Rocha
- Emerging Menswear Designer: Agi & Sam
- New Establishment Designer: J.W. Anderson
- Model of the Year: Edie Campbell
- Red Carpet Award: Erdem
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Lady Amanda Harlech
- British Style Award (voted by the public): Harry Styles
- Special Recognition Award: Kate Moss
- Special Recognition Award: Suzy Menkes
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion: Terry and Tricia Jones, founders of i-D
Click through to see our favorite red carpet looks of the evening, ranging from a cool graphic minidress on Poppy Delevingne to a majorly glam ’50s ensemble on Rita Ora.