When the heat is sweltering and you can literally fry an egg on the sidewalk, sometimes all you can do is stay inside with a fan, a glass of iced tea and a good summer movie—and even when it’s not quite warm enough to hit the beach or lie in the park, watching a flick about the warm-weather months can get you in the right frame of mind, sartorially speaking.
If you’re like us and are missing the days of having zero worries in the summer (when your only responsibilities in life were sleeping in, riding bikes with your friends and packing for summer camp), we’ve got a treat for you. From Marilyn Monroe’s classic sexpot style in The Seven Year Itch to Vada Sultenfuss’s tomboy cool in My Girl, we’ve culled some warm-weather wardrobe inspiration from some of our favorite summer films.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Features Editor Jenna Gottlieb Shares Her Summer Shopping List
- Beach Towels for the One Percent
- What to Wear to a Summer BBQ
- Which Fancy Jumpsuit Is Best?
- Snap Poll: Would You Wear UGGs to Your Wedding if They Were White and Sparkly?
Also on Fabsugar.com:
- 3 Ways to Wear Bold Floral Prints!
- See How Jessica, Heidi, Taylor, and More Wear Their Stylish Summer Flats
- Our Ultimate Swimsuit Guide—Get the Best Fit For Your Body
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine