Personal trainers and nutritionists may be out of our budgets—but according to recent research, a mix of in-person and online assistance might be the real trick to losing weight and keeping it off. Northwestern University’s latest study proved that digital calorie trackers and phone calls with weight-loss pros can be just as helpful as one-on-one sessions and pricey eating plans—if not more so!
SELF‘s got the scoop on three fitness and nutrition apps to help you kick off those New Year’s resolutions a few weeks early. Click here to read all about it!
More on SELF.com:
- Hollywood’s Hottest Fitness Trend: Platinum Pilates
- The Sexiest New Fitness Tracker
- Hangover-Proof Your Beauty Routine for the Holidays
- Get Maggie Grace’s Incredible Shoulders in ONE Move
- Great Healthy Food Find: Chia Flax Paks
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine