It was one of those days when I set out with an actual mission for once: to buy a new winter coat at RRL. But I didn’t find a new winter coat. In its stead I found this vintage purple French workman’s shirt that is so perfect, not necessarily reasonably priced and everything I’ve always dreamed of. That said, my shopping partner Max and I had some justifying to do
Potential scenarios in which I could conceivably put this shirt to use, by Max Stein of Reece Hudson and me:
- It’s a cool morning in the Hamptons and the sun hasn’t quite hit the horizon, but I need to run to Pierre’s for iced coffee before the pool day. I could wear my purple shirt!
- I’m chilling in my apartment watching a Law & Order: SVU marathon and just before Benson is about to make the collar I feel a draft. I know—I’ll throw on my purple shirt!
- In the club! I’ll be wearing my purple shirt.
- Me and a few friends are getting pizza at a casual downtown restaurant called Rubirosa. Sounds like purple shirt time.
- It’s a brisk fall day and it’s simply too cold not to layer up. Purple shirt.
- It’s a warm spring day and it’s simply too warm for a flannel. Purple shirt.
- I’m traveling El Al Airlines flying direct to Tel Aviv for fashion week and that airplane AC going at it hard. Purple shirt.
- I’m in Miami for Art Basel. As the day turns to dawn, the air grows cooler and it’s time for a pre-party run to Jerry’s Deli for a triple decker grilled cheese and a black and white milkshake. There’s no question—purple shirt.
- My best friend calls and says she has one extra ticket to the Katy Perry concert at Madison Square Garden. I’m obviously wearing this purple shirt again, am I right?!
And as Max told me,“You can’t cheap out when it comes to good vintage.”
More Adventures With Digital Fashion Editor Ray Siegel:
- Fashion From the Motherland: Tel Aviv’s First Ever Fashion Week
- Addicted: Moving Day Edition
- Addicted: Chanel Vest Edition
- Face to Face With Donatella Versace: I Die
- How Sex Glow Got Me This Free iPhone
For more fashion trials and tribulations: Follow @RaySiegel
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine