For Spring 2013, lingerie and RTW designer Araks visited 19th century East-West relations for inspiration.
"We actually looked at the point where Japan opened up their isolationist policy to the West," designer Araks Yeramyan explained. "That was in the 1850s around the Victorian period and then we saw how that influenced they way they dressed. So we mixed Victorian and Japan and put our interpretation of how they went together."
This simple, yet stunning black dress is the perfect representation: with silky, structured right angles in the front with the back opening up to soft, textured layers of ladylike ruffles. Gorge.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Spotted at Diane von Furstenberg: Sarah Jessica Parker, Dresses Over Pants and Google Goggles
- Orla Kiely on Kate Middleton, Mad Men and Making Pretty Prints
- NYFW Spring 2013: It’s a Croc-Off
- Lauren Conrad Talks Dodging Thunderstorms and Taking Days Off at Lela Rose
- NYFW Spring 2013: Blue Rimmed Eyes At Monique Lhuillier
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine