Spring 2012 brought us several collections inspired by fine art: There was Van Gogh at Rodarte and Picasso at Jil Sander. But this is hardly a new trend. The marriage between art and fashion has existed for decades. And although one could argue it goes further back, even to ancient times, the more literal examples began in 20th century Paris with the surrealists and the designer Elsa Schiaparelli.
More on Luckymag.com:
- 3 Awesome Hair Moments at the Oscars (and how to do it!)
- Salma Hayek Stars in a New ‘Got Milk’ Campaign With Her Daughter
- Who Had the Best Body at the Oscars?
- Elizabeth Banks Lets Us Peek Inside Her Closet
- Celebrity Style Deconstructed—Taylor Swift
For biting wit, follow John on twitter: Follow @johnjannuzzi
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine