Here’s an engagement we didn’t see coming: yesterday evening, People reported that Avril Lavigne and Nickelback’s lead singer Chad Kroeger are set to tie the knot after six months of dating. Frankly, we had no clue the Canadian pair were even together—but no matter!
Avril and Chad only met this past February, when they co-wrote a track for the "Complicated" singer’s forthcoming album. Things must have heated up awfully quickly for the duo—apparently, Chad presented Avril with a 14-carat (!) diamond ring when he proposed on August 8. Avil split from her first husband, Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley, back in 2009.
Avril’s got her own fashion label, Abbey Dawn, but we’re pretty sure—though we can’t be positive—that the formerly necktie-loving musician wouldn’t want to wed in a graphic tee and studded denim. The next best option, in our opinion, would be for her to celebrate her and her husband’s native country by marrying in a dress by a Canadian designer. To wit, we’ve rounded up some strong Canuck contenders. Click through to see them!
Photo: left, Fairchild Archive; right, Getty Images
More on Luckymag.com:
- Avril Lavigne: Singer, Designer and (Future) Novelist
- Jennifer Aniston’s Perfect Wedding Dress Might Already Be In Her Closet
- Pamela Love, Lindsey Thornburg and More Do a Bridal Line for Bona Drag
- Ruche’s New Bridal Video Has Vintage Inspired Dresses and Tons of Flowers
- Style Session: Troian Bellisario
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine