At times, being 5’3″ poses certain hindrances–struggling to see the stage at standing-room-only concerts, not being able to reach the top-shelf cereals at the market, and of course, becoming unlikely besties with your tailor. Then, of course, there’s the ever-challenging search for denim. As a small person, when it comes to jeans, I not only want a great fit, I also seek that rare magical quality that makes my legs look like they belong to a much taller person. The following options do the trick:
1. Paige Verdugo Jeggings, $158, paigeusa.com. The amount I wear these is borderline inappropriate. They’re the perfect skinny jeans for petites, primarily because they require absolutely no alterations.
2. MiH Breathless Jean, $233, saks.com. These are just the right amount of cropped. I can wear them with flats or my Chuck Taylors without feeling stumpy.
3. JBrand Love Story, $178, jbrandjeans.com. The quintessential dressy jeans. Though I had to lop a couple inches off the hem, these are inarguably the most elongating pair of pants I own.
4. 7 For All Mankind Georgia Trouser Jeans, $189, shopbop.com. I love a ’70s vibe, and this retro trouser style can always be counted on to streamline and flatter a petite silhouette.
5. BDG High Rise Cigarette Jean, $58, urbanoufitters.com. I never feel taller or chicer than when I pair this high-waisted super-skinny pair with platform pumps.
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!