Style Media, parent company of the Style Network, has just announced a new list of programs in development for 2012—and one in-the-works series has us particularly pumped.
Betsey + Lulu will star kooky, cartwheeling fashion designer (not to mention Manhattan fixture) Betsey Johnson alongside her daughter and muse Lulu, following the pair around their day-to-day lives in Manhattan. The catch? Single mother Lulu wants to launch her own fashion label and finally step out from Betsey’s shadow. Honestly, we hope Lulu has a taste for dark palettes and minimalist silhouettes, because considering Betsey’s aesthetic, that’d make for some damn dramatic programming. The network’s also promised a cameo from the pair’s shrink and interior decorator—no word on whether they’re actually the same person.
Betsey + Lulu is set to premiere later this year. Will you be watching?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Betsey Johnson Makes Luggage
- Last Chance: Betsey Johnson’s Three Favorite Pieces From Spring 2012
- Exclusive! Q&A With Olympic Swimmer (And Pantene Model!) Natalie Coughlin
- Fashion Star, Episode 6: Diversity Is Key
- Altuzarra x J.Crew Is Available Tomorrow But You Can See the Collection Now
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine