On your list of favorite things to do, getting a bikini wax is likely down there with paying taxes and hosting your in-laws for the weekend. But frankly, they’re necessary during the summer months, when you’re spending many a weekend dressed in nothing but a swimsuit.
The good news, however, is that bikini waxes—even those of the Brazilian variety—needn’t feel like a medieval form of torture. SELF‘s got three tips for making the process as non-painful as possible. From how to hydrate your skin pre-wax to what not to drink immediately beforehand, click here to learn what they are. And happy waxing!
More on SELF.com:
- Drop 10 Pounds This Summer!
- Would You Buy a New Foundation Online? We Did—And Loved It!
- The Best Road Races for Beginner Runners
- 60-Second Makers to Get Gorgeous Fast
- Eight Reasons Why You’re Breaking Out
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine