The Scene: When you walk into the Billy Reid shop on Bond St. in Manhattan, you instantly feel at home—it’s calm, it’s friendly and it’s a little bit of the South in the middle of the city.
We got the same feeling at the designer’s Fall 2012 show. A jovial crowd of editors, nursing Dogfish Head beers, shuffled into their seats for the designer’s first-ever runway show.
The Look: Let’s call it Southern Traveler. The designer said he was inspired by recent trips to Europe, and described the women’s collection as a "Charleston girl, who moves to downtown New York, then to Paris, (where she) falls in love."
Pieces You Should Look Out For: A black leather jacket and a navy blue fur trimmed coat.
More from Luckymag.com:
- 50 Under $50: Workout Gear
- TEN Undies Designer Daphne Javitch’s Favorite Brooklyn Boutiques
- Thakoon Fall 2012: J’adore Paris
- Skaist-Taylor Fall 2012: The Juicy Couture Girls Strike Again
- Whitney Houston: She’s All Over eBay
For biting wit, follow John on Twitter: Follow @johnjannuzzi
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine