The Scene: The main theater at Lincoln Center, filled with a glamorous crowd of high profile fashion editors and A-list entertainers. Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington and Joe Zee all sat front row, as did our very own EIC, Brandon Holley. Actress Renee Zellweger—who also attended last season’s presentation—arrived to a flurry of snapping flashbulbs.
Elegant piano music played in the background until the lights dimmed and from my seat—which was in the room’s upper right corner—I could see Carolina herself, flitting between the backstage wings.
The Look: Nordic princess meets Audrey Hepburn. Classic pencil and A-line skirts mixed with fur and feather accents. Plenty of award season worthy ball gowns were shown, topped with fitted crop tops and swingy bolero jackets. All the models wore headbands to hold back blown out bouffants—an apropos hairstyle, given Adele’s six Grammy sweep last night.
Pieces We Want: I love how a fur vest and pockets kept the full-skirted gold dress from looking too fussy. If I attended the Met Ball or the Oscars, it’s exactly what I’d wear.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Valentine’s Day Deal: Piperlime.com Is Offering 15 Percent Off Everything Until Tomorrow at Midnight
- Tibi Fall 2012: Put a Bird On It
- Christian Siriano Fall 2012: Dark Princess
- We’re a Little Obsessed with Rose Gold Jewelry
- LoveSpoils.com Lets Couples Spend on Each Other By Shopping For Themselves
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine