In 1932, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel decided it would be fun to take apart the Duke of Westminster’s diamond jewelry and make something cooler. The result? Comet-inspired chokers, hair combs that sparkle like stars and "jewels that slip between the fingers of a woman like a ribbon."
Words can’t do that infamous collection, called the Bijoux de Diamants, justice—it’s best to see it for yourself. And now, with the latest installment of the Inside Chanel video series, you can. Check it out below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Chanel’s New Micro-site Will Teach You Something You Didn’t Know
- Why I Need a Black Chanel Jacket
- Chanel’s Spring 2013 Video Has a Dreamy Male Model, His Adorable Kid and Tons of Great Clothes
- Thanks to Instagram, Chanel Will Produce That Infamous Hula Hoop Bag
- Would You Rather: Chanel or Victoria’s Secret?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine