Earlier this week, Karl Lagerfeld showed Chanel’s Pre-Fall collection in Edinburgh, Scotland. The models strode down a runway in Linlithgow Palace, birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots. Underneath the ruined ceiling, they walked in Tartans, tweeds, and knits cozy enough to ward off the cold of December. It was typical Lagerfeld—transformative, romantic and a little nuts.
Victoria’s Secret also aired their show earlier this week on CBS, which had us thinking of their past shows. One in particular, where they sent out a "Highland Romance" collection that was inspired by the same region of Chanel’s inspiration. Heidi Klum introduces it, "Misty mountains, ancient castles, tartan and open fires. Come on! Let yourself go and indulge in a Highland Romance!"
So this begs the question: do you prefer Chanel’s take on Mary Queen of Scots or Victoria’s Secret’s interpretation of the Highlands?
More on Luckymag.com:
- 10 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Outfits We Would Actually Wear
- Nicholas Kirkwood Designed Angel-Worthy Shoes For the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Shop Rihanna, Alexa Chung and Other Celebrities’ Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Looks
- Backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: Obama Talk, Sandy Drama and Rihanna Run-Ins
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Sound Off on House Music and Favorite Yoga Poses at Soul Cycle’s Supermodel Spin
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine