It was 16 years ago that Chloë Sevigny first modeled for Miu Miu, clean-faced and dressed in a simple collared shirt with burnt umber pants. This season, the actress returned to the label for a starring spot in its Autumn/Winter ads. However, her outfit—and the picture’s overall vibe—is very different than before.
Only one image from the campaign has been released thus far, and it features the Big Love star in chunky ikat print oxfords, colorful capris and a satin military-style jacket with checkered lapels. She relaxes in a low chair, teacup in hand, and looks blankly away from the camera. On her face is very noticeable bright blue eye shadow—a makeup trend we haven’t thought about since the era of body glitter and butterfly clips. (Could it be making a comeback? Is that a good thing?) The only real similarities to that first 1996 photo are her short hair and the fact she is seated.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Miu Miu Ads Through the Ages
- 12 Wonderful Wallets Under $50
- How To Care For a Sunburn (It’s Not How You’d Think)
- Kelly Clarkson Likes Her Dresses to Have Spanx Built In and Won’t Wear Long Nails
- Where to Eat, Drink and Rock Out in Nashville
- Shop It Out: The Most Stylish Songs of All Time
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine