Remember those Christian Louboutin Cinderella slippers we told you about in April? Well, yesterday the designer finally revealed his creation—made in honor of the Disney movie’s Blu-ray and DVD releases—and they are most definitely worthy of a fairytale princess.
Instead of crafting the heels completely out of glass, the footwear guru decided to use layers of delicate lace and Swarovski crystals instead—a combination that is just as pretty and much easier to wear. However, despite the change of medium, Mr. Louboutin says the original story was still his main source of inspiration.
"Cinderella is not only an iconic character when it comes to beauty, grace and fairytale love, but also shoes," he said in a statement. "Her character and her story dictated the design to me, it was all there in the pages and the words of this tale."
What do you think of sparkly stilettos? Do you think a modern day Cinderella would wear these? And, much more importantly…would you?
More on Luckymag.com:
- 12 Wonderful Wallets Under $50
- How To Care For a Sunburn (It’s Not How You’d Think)
- Kelly Clarkson Likes Her Dresses to Have Spanx Built In and Won’t Wear Long Nails
- Where to Eat, Drink and Rock Out in Nashville
- Shop It Out: The Most Stylish Songs of All Time
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine