Cinco de Mayo is almost here—and for me, that means it’s almost time for the holiday that involves three of my favorite things: a brightly colored, fiesta-ready outfit, guacamole and (best of all!) margaritas.
Since Cinco de Mayo happens to be my most beloved non-federal holiday, I decided to get into the sombrero-wearing spirit a few days early in the form of some festive nail art. My inspiration was a salt-rimmed margarita (obviously!), and as someone who is admittedly nail-art-challenged, I can attest that the process was surprisingly simple.
Follow these steps to get the look:
- Choose a bright lime-y green for the base, like Essie’s Mojito Madness. Paint on two coats of the green, plus one coat of topcoat.
- Once the green polish is completely dry, paint a thin line of topcoat onto the tip of each nail.
- Carefully dip the tip of each nail into a small pot of white glitter.
- Use a thin brush to sweep away any excess glitter.
- Once dry, brush a topcoat over the the tips to seal in the glitter.
- Grab a margarita!
Click through below to shop what you’ll need.
More on Luckymag.com:
- How To: Glitter Fade Mani
- Spring Nail Art Inspiration
- How to Match Your Mani to Your Outfit
- What to Wear to a Cinco de Mayo Party
- Spring 2013’s Best Nail Colors
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine