I believe every designer has two or three major turning points in his career—last season was one of Derek Lam’s. Inspired by the Mid-Century, Lam was suddenly the New York designer who made utterly fantastic clothes. Clothes that women wanted to wear desperately.
Fall 2012 was no different, as Lam moved into the ’60s, with fabulously messy bouffants and spools of satin printed with tiny bouquets. My favorite look—the one I’m aching to buy—had to be the baseball jacket and pencil skirt combo in cream, worn with flats. The house dress was good, too, as was the stark white satin nightgown worn by Arizona Muse near the end of the show.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts
- The Girls (and Boys!) With the Fashion Tattoos
- Who’s Your Celebrity Style Guru? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- Whitney Houston Dies at 48—Here Are Her Most Memorable Looks
- The 25 Best Cities for Shopping
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine