From the moment we learned that Derek Lam had been tapped to create a travel-inspired collection for Kohl’s DesigNation initiative, we were thrilled—after all, the man’s one of the most talented designers in the biz. Lam traveled to beautiful Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to glean inspiration for the lower-priced line, and told us back in October to expect "sensual" designs and a color palette derived from Rio’s deep blue waters and lush green jungles.
This afternoon, the complete Derek Lam for DesigNation lookbook finally arrived in our inbox—and we can certainly see the designer’s Brazilian influence shining through. We’re particularly smitten with the sporty drawstring skirts, tropical-print shirtdresses and scarf-inspired stripes—but what do you think? Which pieces will you be aiming to snap up come April 5?
Click through to see all the looks.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Derek Lam Discusses the Rio de Janeiro Inspiration Behind His Upcoming Kohl’s Capsule
- Shop Joe Fresh at JC Penney, Finally
- Fashion Week Street Style
- Video: Jennifer Lawrence Talks Dior’s Classic Status
- Oscars 2013: The Best Looks and How to Get Them
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine