Flat sandals are great for every summertime occasion, except for two: (a) when you’re pedicure-less, and you feel gross about showing off your feet; and (b) when it’s rainy, and you feel gross about puddles splashing onto your bare skin.
During times like these, it’s probably a good idea to swap your default shoe from a let-it-all-hang-out sandal to a more covered-up espadrille. Somewhere between Valentino’s ultra-precious lace versions and TOMS’ casual commuting staples, these seven pairs are easy yet polished. Wear them everywhere you would flat sandals: with shorts and bikinis to the beach or with sundresses and clutches to dinner parties. (The latter is my favorite, because it’s unexpected in a chic-Italian-lady-running-errands sort of way.)
More summer-y shoe ideas in our June/July issue.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Pretty Flats That Won’t Hurt Your Feet
- Six Non-Country-Club Ways to Wear White Jeans
- Your Go-To Jewelry Guide: What to Wear With Every Neckline
- White Dresses in Every Style, Ever
- Striped Shirts in Every Color of the Rainbow
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine