The following is a guest post from our friends at FabSugar.com.
The call to ’40s elegance was all over the Fall runways, drawing us in with classic glamour from Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, and Miu Miu. It’s that ’40s influence we first garnered from greats like Katharine Hepburn and Ava Gardner that’s now showing up on the pages of Vogue Australia and celebrity favorites like Diane Kruger and Camilla Belle.
There are of course more than a few ways to wear it, from the easy androgynous takes in double-breasted blazers and wide-leg pants to the ultra-feminine iterations in pretty pleats and printed dresses, all with nipped waists. To perfect that ’40s-era drama, just keep these tips in mind:
- Look for feminine detailing like pleats, cinched waists, and peplum to perfect the decade’s ladylike tilt.
- Look for key fabrics like tweed and printed silks to lend the vintage stylized quality you’re after on skirts, dresses, and trousers.
- If you’re too shy to go for a full-bodied look, opt for vintage-inspired prints like polka dots to channel the trend with ease—and without high risk.
Now, click through for the full breakdown and our picks for perfecting the look.
For the rest of this story please visit FabSugar.com.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Deschanel Doubletake: Visual Proof That Zooey’s Off-Screen Style is Just Like Her On-Screen Style
- 25 Coats Worth the Investment
- How to Shop Your Favorite Fast-Fashion Stores Like a Pro
Be sure to also check out:
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine