Long gone are the days when supermodels wouldn’t “wake up for less than $10,000 a day,” an infamous phrase coined by ‘90s icon Linda Evangelista in the October 1990 issue of Vogue. With today’s rise of social media—and with it, the return of the supes, a $10,000 minimum is child’s play in comparison to today’s digits.
Yesterday, Forbes released its annual list of the year’s highest-paid models, famous faces who raked in a combined $142 million in the last 365 days. Somewhat unsurprisingly, Gisele Bündchen represents more than 33 percent of that grand total, having made a reported $47 million thanks to lucrative contracts with H&M, Stuart Weitzman, Emilio Pucci and Chanel. By comparison, Doutzen Kroes and Adriana Lima followed in second place at $8 million each—more than $39 million less than Bündchen’s mammoth earnings. And for the first time, It Brits Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn made the cut alongside longtime list-makers Daria Werbowy and Natalia Vodianova.
Victoria’s Secret Angels Behati Prinsloo, Lindsay Ellingson and Lily Aldridge were notably absent from Forbes’ rankings, as were British figures Naomi Campbell, Georgia May Jagger and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
For the full list, take a peek below:
1. Gisele Bündchen: $47 million
2. Doutzen Kroes & Adriana Lima: $8 million
3. Kate Moss, Kate Upton, Miranda Kerr & Liu Wen: $7 million
4. Alessandra Ambrosio & Hilary Rhoda: $5 million
5. Natalia Vodianova, Carolyn Murphy, Karlie Kloss & Jourdan Dunn: $4 million
6. Anja Rubik & Cara Delevingne: $3.5 million
7. Candice Swanepoel, Joan Smalls, Erin Wasson, Erin Heatherton, Lindsey Wixson & Daria Werbowy: $3 million