To showcase its new "Icon Redefined" collection, Gap tapped some true icons-in-the-making from the worlds of dance and music. The brand cast Seth and Scott Avett from the Avett Brothers, rockabilly pop pair Karmin, "Jookin’"dancer Lil’ Buck, singer Lia Ices, ballerina Yuan Yuan Tan, guitarist Kaki King and singer Nicki Bluhm for its fall ads, all of whom were photographed against stark white backdrops.
Appropriately titled Shine, the campaign shows each artist, well, shining in his or her area of expertise. For our part, we love seeing Gap’s famous denim and classic button-downs—sartorial staples known across the globe—on these still somewhat under-the-radar creative types.
Click through to see all the ads. Oh, and if you’re now as fascinated with jookin’ as we are, click here for a dance tutorial from Lil’ Buck himself.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Gap’s Most Iconic Commercials
- Natalie Portman’s Rodarte Wedding Dress: Shop Similar Looks
- The Kooples Is Coming! The Kooples Is Coming!
- Belstaff Relaunches at Barneys New York
- Guilt-Free Shopping: Gryphon, Elettra Wiedemann and One Frickin’ Day
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine