Sarah Burton’s gorgeous, intricate bumblebee-inspired gowns and accessories for Alexander McQueen were among our favorite looks from the Spring 2013 shows. And now, thanks to the fashion house’s just-released backstage video, we can get an ever closer look at all those honeybomb-patterned corsets, crinolines and headpieces.
Filmed by Sean Frank, the mini-film captures McQueen‘s team of seamstresses at work, as well as multiple model fittings. The focus here is on the label’s incredible craftsmanship—embellishments are triple-checked before hitting the runway, thigh-high boots are painstakingly laced up and resin bustiers are carefully fitted to their wearers. This is couture-level work if we’ve ever seen it—and the busy bee has never seemed so chic. Watch it below.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Cool Cases for the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini
- 50 under $50: Classics With a Twist
- Holiday Makeup Palettes We Love
- 10 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Outfits We Would Actually Wear
- Shop Rihanna, Alexa Chung and Other Celebrities’ Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Looks
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine