If you thought Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve packed major star power, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
ELLE reports that Beyoncé Knowles and Gwyneth Paltrow, two of the best-dressed ladies in Hollywood who happen to also be BFFs, are set to star in a movie together. Glee creator Ryan Murphy’s forthcoming musical comedy, One Hit Wonders, will star Gwynnie, Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon as a trio of has-been singers who decide to team up for a group comeback. As for Beyoncé’s role, we’re thinking she might be cast as the band’s manager or mentor. And since funnyman Andy Samberg’s band Lonely Island will be providing the movie’s songs, we’ll likely be rolling in the aisles during every musical number.
One Hit Wonders has no release date yet, but we’re psyched at just the thought of seeing these stylish besties sharing space on the silver screen. Plus, Gwyneth’s already proved she can play the part of a washed-up songstress in 2010’s Country Strong. What do you think of this news?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Rachel Bilson’s Red Carpet Style Evolution
- Banana Republic Just Did a Runway Show for the Mad Men Collection on a Flying Airplane
- Gillian Zinser Gets Us in the Mood for a Music Festival in Planet Blue’s Lookbook
- Dior’s New Digital Magazine Launches Today
- 50 Pretty Pastel Pieces Under $50
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine