When it comes to choosing a brand’s celebrity ambassadors, designers must be fairly judicious—especially if they’re trying to keep their label ultra high-end. But in picking the flawless Gwyneth Paltrow for the honor of carrying his very first handbag design for the recently-renamed house of Saint Laurent, we think Hedi Slimane did a pretty stellar job.
Grazia Daily shared a few grainy snapshots of Gwynnie sauntering through the airport with the mink-hued, Slimane-designed holdall, which features two top handles as well as a long cross-body strap. We think it’s beautifully minimalist-chic—i.e., just the sort of thing Gwyneth would carry on any given day. As it turns out, that wasn’t an accident, as the bag in question was reportedly designed exclusively for the actress. Given how chummy Gwynnie and Hedi seem to be, we have to ask: will the Iron Man star appear in the designer’s inaugural ad campaign for Saint Laurent, too? Our fingers are certainly crossed.
More on Luckymag.com:
- The Best Stuff to Buy on Fashion’s Night Out
- Music Mood Board: Rebecca Minkoff’s Spring 2013 Playlist
- More Photos of Lindsay Lohan in Liz & Dick, Revealed!
- Fall Fashion Tips from Michael Kors
- Josh Brolin Smokes, Squeeze-Breezes and Strums a Banjo for Band of Outsiders
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine