My daily hairstyles usually come in one of two modes: up or down. And when it comes to accessorizing my coif I either grab a Goody hair tie (one of many that have been strategically strewn about my apartment) or dig a couple of bobby pins from the bottom of my purse. However, after spotting many a model sporting gypsy scarves and cute barrettes on the spring runways, I have resolved to follow suit. Here’s what I will be using to clip, pin and adorn my locks this year:
1. Sequined Flower Clip, $18, us.topshop.com. These golden sequins in an art deco arrangement look like something Daisy Buchanan would wear.
2. Three Green Hearts Leather Feather Clip, $30, swell.com. Soft feathers peeking out from beneath your hair add just the right touch of bohemian to your look.
3. Eugenia Kim, Print Kelly Ruffled Barrette, $77, shopbop.com. Wear a bow in an edgy graphic print and exaggerated size for a decidedly modern feel.
4. Lasso Pony Holder, $28, freepeople.com. Work these leather cords into any updo for an eye-catching mix of textures.
5. Maison Michel, $97.76, theoutnet.com. Tiny golden pearls instantly make a simple ponytail look dressy.
6. Precious Hands Small Beaded Hair Barrette, $18, shopplanetblue.com. Covered in brightly colored beadwork, this tribal patterned barrette looks like a souvenir from your world travels.
7. Wide Turban Knot Headband, $16, urbanoutfitters.com. Provides the effortless look of a scarf tied as a headband–without the headache of adjusting it all day.
8. Mimco Overblown Rose Hair Clip, $51.72, us.asos.com. An organic floral shape reworked in hard plastic and dark colors makes for a perfect combination.
Do you like to accessorize your hair or do you prefer to keep it simple?
Day 15: Statement Jewelry
Day 16: Tabletop Style
Day 17: Ladylike Basics
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!