At long last, The Hunger Games opens nationwide. We can’t wait to see Katniss & Co. in ass-kicking action up on the big screen—but we’re pretty sure that watching those tributes battle for survival will make us regret skipping this week’s gym visit.
Luckily, our pals at SELF have supplied us with some surefire ways to get our own physiques in fighting form. Whether you prefer to partake in an organized course like New York Sports Club’s "Train Like a Tribute" program or just want to add a few District 12-approved lunges and squats to your regimen, this list ought to help you out. And fortunately, none of these workouts require a fight to the death to be effective.
More on SELF.com:
- Lose 10 Pounds Before Summer
- The 33 Hottest New Workout Classes You Gotta Try
- Five Decadent Vegan Recipes
- The Top 10 Slimming Superfoods
- What Your Doc Isn’t Telling You About Birth Control
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine