The annual CFDA Awards are a big deal within the style sphere—they’re essentially the Oscars of fashion design, after all—and according to a press release that just landed in our inbox, the 2013 ceremony’s about to get even bigger thanks to one very special politician’s appearance.
Secretary Hillary Clinton will be on hand on June 3 at Lincoln Center to present Oscar de la Renta with his Founders Award, a recognition given in honor of CFDA founder Eleanor Lambert. Clinton’s a great choice, having worn de la Renta’s designs numerous times over the years (to her daughter Chelsea’s 2010 wedding, to her husband Bill Clinton’s 2007 presidential inauguration, etc.) and having attended the 2002 CFDA Awards by his side. We can’t wait to see which of his dresses she chooses to wear to next month’s ceremony!
Photo via WWD
More on Luckymag.com:
- J.Crew x CFDA: What You Should Actually Buy
- 13 Hostess Gift Ideas For When Baked Goods and Wine Won’t Cut It
- My Namesake Jewelry, Found!
- The Best Fabrics to Wear in Summer
- 19 Lightweight Summer Sweaters to Elevate Your Warm-Weather Layering Game
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine