In terms of major beauty challenges, choosing a correct foundation ranks pretty highly. Pick a base that’s all wrong for your skin tone, and you’ll end up looking either ghostly pale or like a Jersey Shore extra (i.e. unnaturally tan). Then, there’s the issue of tailoring your foundation to the issue you’re hoping to target—redness, blemishes, dryness and uneven tone, to name just a few possibilities.
Luckily, our pals at SELF are on it. Click here to read their tips on which formulas work best for which skin types, plus application advice and even a tip on what time of day you should shop for a new base.
More on SELF.com:
- Lose Two Pounds a Week—Without Cooking!
- 20 Winter Essential Beauty Products Under $20
- 10 Office Snacks Under 150 Calories
- Red Carpet Bods We Seriously Envy
- How to Look Hot at the Gym
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine