There are a few career-changing celeb haircuts that—even years later—continue to inspire us. And ever since Victoria Beckham first debuted her angled bob back in 2008, we’ve kept a close eye on the designer’s beauty look. From sleek and straight to tousled and sexy, she’s managed the artful feat of keeping her hair consistent, but interesting.
In honor of her birthday today, we asked Moroccanoil’s global creative director, Antonio Corral Calero, to dish on just what makes this particular style spawn so many copycats:
- "The Victoria Beckham bob is classic, but still feels fresh and modern because of the long layers and sharp angles in the front. It can work for women of any age, which is what makes it so versatile," says Calero.
- "It’s easily adaptable to all face shapes. Your stylist can play around with the length and the layers depending on the shape. If you have a round face, for example, long layers will elongate your features. On the contrary, a blunt cut will balance a longer face."
- "The cut is low-maintenance. All it takes is a quick trim every couple of months to keep its body."
- "The combo of the length and layers makes the growing-out process seamless."
- "It works on almost every hair texture. This style is a little bit harder for women with very curly or frizzy hair since the short style can puff out easily, but a little bit of styling cream or hair oil like the Moroccanoil Treatment, will do the trick. If you have naturally straight hair, or if you always straighten it. This is a super-easy cut you can quickly style with little time and effort."
If there’s one thing we love, it’s a haircut that’s guaranteed to look amazing. And judging from all the recent celeb hair transformations, it’s no surprise the bob is making a big comeback.