The following is a guest post from our friends at Fab Sugar.
India Hicks leads a fabulous life. The daughter of famed interior designer David Nightingale Hicks and British aristocrat Lady Pamela Mountbatten grew up in London around a family that valued culture, art and everything design-related. Fun fact: India was a bridesmaid in Princess Diana‘s wedding. Amazing, right?
At 17 years old, she became a model for Emilio Pucci in Italy and shortly thereafter moved to New York to model for Ralph Lauren, among other designers. But what really defines her is her life in the Bahamas with her five children and longtime partner.
India told us, "Obviously we have the royalty, heritage side of my family, we have my father and his geometrics and his great, extraordinary use of color, and then we have my island life, which is my life that I’ve done, and I’m not the daughter or goddaughter of anybody. In saying that, it would be ridiculous not to refer back to my father and his work if I was doing design in some way."
We were so excited to sit down with India to talk about her newly debuted fine-jewelry collections called Love Letters, Hicks on Hicks and Island Life.
More on Fabsugar.com:
- 2 Fashion Editors Face Off in the Ultimate Fashion Week Shopping Showdown
- The Latest Fall ’12 Ads: Topshop, Diane von Furstenberg, and More
- Kick Off Fall With These 21 Inspiring Street Style Looks
- Live Out Your End-of-Summer Days the Effortless Erin Heatherton Way
- Fab Recap: Iconic Starlets, Runway Retrospectives, and More!
More on Luckymag.com:
- Download Our Digital Edition!
- Maria Cornejo On Walking Across the Brooklyn Bridge, Skim Lattes and Why She Won’t Wear Dresses
- Rachel Zoe’s First Birkin: A True Story
- Who Looked Best at the Bachelorette Premiere?
- The Best New Nail Colors for Fall
- Let’s Make It a Trend: Porcupine Jewelry
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine