To front their spring designer campaign, Barneys New York selected one of the style world’s most recognizable and iconic faces: Penelope Tree. The free-spirited model, who first rose to fame after being discovered in 1966 by photographer Richard Avedon, will appear alongside eight other women in the retailer’s forthcoming "Tree Time" campaign.
An editorial sensation throughout the Swinging Sixties and now in her 60s, Tree’s famously wide-set eyes and blunt-cut bangs are just as visually striking now as they were when she first entered the style scene—as the campaign preview shot at left clearly demonstrates. Blogger Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes, Wonderland editor Julia Sarr-Jamois and ballerina Jessica Saund are among the chic ladies who will accompany Tree in the Mario Sorrenti-shot ad spots. We can’t wait to see them in the Spring 2012 Barneys catalog, which ships later this month—not to mention in the windows of the company’s NYC flagship store.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Alexa Chung Takes Us Shopping
- Last Chance: Tommy Hilfiger’s Three Favorite Pieces From Spring 2012
- Fashion Video: Lanvin Busts Some Beats for Spring 2012
- Kate Bosworth Defies Gravity in Vanessa Bruno’s Spring 2012 Video
- Get a Really Cheap Massage in a Sketchy Place, I Did
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine