J.Crew has a pretty consistent track record of creating clothes that we immediately want to buy. But for next fall, the label has truly outdone itself by debuting a exclusive collaboration with Manolo Blahnik. Although the legendary shoe brand has teamed up with individual designers (such as Carolina Herrera and Zac Posen) in the past, this is its first venture with a larger retailer.
"It’s a way of bringing high and low together,” George Malkemus, president of Manolo Blahnik USA told WWD. “This is the way modern women dress today, and nobody does it better than J.Crew.”
No release date or specific styles have been announced yet, but preliminary designs were spotted yesterday at the J.Crew’s Fall 2012 presentation. The collection—which will range from $595 to $645—seems to be focused around the classic, pointy-toed pump in 41 different finishes, including glitter, suede and tweed. Stay tuned for more details. We are SO excited for this chic team-up—are you?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Jenna Lyons, Ivanka Trump and Cathy Horyn Came Out for the Kimberly Ovitz Show (Can You Guess Which One I Sat Next To?)
- The (Even More) Perfect Shirt From J.Crew
- Five Inspiring Celebrity Outfits From NYFW
- Zac Posen Fall 2012: Obi Belts, Tapestry Prints and Major Gowns
- Lucky Stars: Diane Kruger in 10 Crosby by Derek Lam
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine