Most notably, there was that beaded pale pink dress, worn to a gala in London last year. In May, the royal chose a teal gown featuring an intricate lace back to wear to a concert celebrating the London Olympics. And just this week, Packham outfitted Middleton in a cream kimono-style dress for an event in Singapore. All stunning, all signatures of the British designer.
Packham’s Spring 2013 show was inspired by the glamorous and strong women who ran with the Rat Pack in Las Vegas during the 1960s (namely Lauren Bacall and Shirley Maclaine). While I’m not sure if the Queen would approve of the short, flashy shift dresses that came down the runway, there were plenty of striking gowns that would be perfect for the Kate’s next red carpet outing.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Kate Middleton: One Year Style Retrospective
- Kate Middleton Style: There’s an App for That
- NYFW Spring 2013: Stacey Bendet On What We Can Learn From the ’50s
- NYFW Spring 2013 Street Style
- Orla Kiely on Kate Middleton, Mad men, and Making Pretty Prints
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine