Babies and kids need A LOT of special gear, but maybe not the amount marketers would like you to think. For example: I never felt the slightest need for a bottle warmer or diaper genie. (But if you feel you need them—to each her own! Every parent needs to organize their home however it makes sense to them.) Whatever you get, as I’ve been saying all week, dig a little to find out what the products are made of. The book Healthy Child Healthy World by my Honest.com co-founder, Christopher Gavigan, is an imperative resource for any parent with practical tips for finding the safest products. In the slideshow below I’ve shared some of my essentials. What are yours?
More from Lucky Kids:
- Jessica Alba Blogs: Eco Friendly Baby Clothes
- Jessica Alba Blogs: Eco Friendly Toys
- thredUP Concierge: A New Way to Donate Children’s Clothing
- Watch Right Now: Behind the Scenes at the Too-Cute True Religion Kids Campaign
- Bus Stop Style: Our Favorite Kids Shoes
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine