The Scene: Sweetness and light are Jill Stuart’s M.O., but for fall, things took a darker, more sophisticated turn. Telling, perhaps, that Nikki Reed—star of the Twilight films and Thirteen—was seated front-row.
The Soundtrack: Weezer’s "Say It Ain’t So" blared as guests took their seats, and the first models walked to Pixies’ "Hey." Excellent.
The Look: Black dresses, skirts and slim pants were decorated with gold floral embroidery, while party dresses features sheer lace insets in all the right places. Ribbon-tied fur hoods gave the whole affair a very Little Noir Riding Hood feel, as did neat peacoats in navy and black. And Stuart skipped ditsy florals in favor of a more exotic thistle-looking pattern, which appeared on wine-colored satin dresses and separates.
Pieces We Want: An ivory fit-and-flare dress with a pair of graphic black lace-inset tulips on the bodice was undeniably girly, yet just a touch Gothic. And we’d gladly fasten Stuart’s gold-dipped buckled belts around every high-waisted skirt we own.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Whitney Houston Dies at 48—Here are Her Most Memorable Looks
- Last Chance: Jill Stuart’s Three Favorite Pieces From Spring 2012
- Peter Som Fall 2012: Precise, Polished and Finished With a Peplum
- NAHM Fall 2012: Wallpaper Florals That Aren’t for Wallflowers
- Whit Fall 2012: Charmed in Space
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine