"Toegate! Toe-Mageddon!," Julianne Moore exclaimed last night on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show. She was, of course, referring to her recent shoe malfunction at Cannes: toes oddly protruding between straps on a very narrow pair of platforms, captured for all the world to see. So, one has to wonder, how on earth did she she let it happen? How could she walk the full red carpet like that? How could her feet endure such pain? How Julianne, how?
"I didn’t feel a thing—not a thing," she insisted, despite the host’s obvious skepticism. "I felt fine! I was just walking along, like, ‘Hiiiii, I’m at Cannes" and my toes are hanging off [my shoes]!"
No, it wasn’t until later, when the actress checked her Twitter that she discovered her unfortunate footwear snafu and decided to take drastic action. Watch the video below to see the hilarious way she’s preventing Toe-Mageddon II.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Kate Bosworth Understands the Power of a Little Gold Dress
- Zoe Saldana’s Dress Is Hangover-Proof
- Cannes Film Festival 2013: The Best Looks and How to Get Them
- 18 Swimsuit Season Secrets Our Editors Swear By
- Battle of the Denim Thongs: Rihanna vs. Gisele
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine