Kate Middleton is known for choosing looks that fall into the "safe, yet chic" category—think simple sheaths, skirt suits and sharp blazers. But yesterday evening, the Duchess of Cambridge picked something a bit more bohemian to wear—and we took notice.
For a Buckingham Palace reception held in honor of the Team GB Olympic and Paralympic medalists, Kate selected a black and white Alice Temperley dress that featured sheer sleeves, floral embellishments and even a few ruffles. Sure, she paired it with classic black Jimmy Choo pumps and her signature blowout, but still—way to venture outside that comfort zone, K.Mid!
Click through to shop some looks inspired by the Duchess’.
Photo: Getty Images
More on Luckymag.com:
- Kate Middleton: One-Year Style Retrospective
- Kate Middleton’s Style: There’s an App for That
- Thanks to Kate Middleton, Nude Pumps Are Selling Out Everywhere
- Jessica Biel’s Wedding Dress, Revealed!
- Both Michelle Obama and Ann Romney Wore Belted, Patterned Dresses for the Final Presidential Debate
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine