I am truly a jeans and T-shirt girl at heart. Despite a closet full of options, most of my weekends are spent in the same pair of skinny jeans, an oversize Alexander Wang tee and a pair of Bensimon sneakers. My usual bag of choice? A canvas tote. However, with a fresh new year ahead of me and a rapidly approaching 24th birthday, I have been wondering: Should I start dressing like a grown-up?
Luckily for me spring’s tailored looks have never made ladylike chic look so good and stores are full of easy updates. Here are my picks to add some sophistication to my tomboy look:
1. Peggy Large Handbag, $648, freepeople.com. A cushiony black satchel will last you for years and match everything you own.
2. Asos White Wool Mix Mid Calf Full Skirt, $103.44, us.asos.com. The cut of this full skirt is romantic and sweet but the utilitarian color keeps it from being overly girly.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs “Bentley” Framed Lambskin Leather Clutch, $248, nordstrom.com. This buttery soft clutch holds all the essentials and is a chic alternative to a purse.
4. Frye “Miranda” T-Strap, $168, zappos.com. Demure T-straps add a note of femininity to any outfit.
5. M Missoni Spice Market Square Scarf, $210, shopbop.com. Mix things up by trading your necklaces for a timeless silk scarf.
6. Steven Alan Reverse Seam Shirt, $89, stevenalan.com. Switching out your undershirt for a button-down is a quick and easy way to dress up a look.
7. Cropped Maggie Trousers, $168, jcrew.com. Streamlined cropped trousers strike the right note between conservative and fun.
8. Gorjana Chloe Stud Earrings, $35, piperlime.com. Classic stud earrings in hammered gold are an unexpected twist on a jewelry mainstay.
What do you think about a ladylike look? Do you prefer to dress up or down?
Day 14:Healthy Investments
Day 15: Statement Jewelry
Day 16: Tabletop Style
What’s with All the Spam in the Comments Section?
We’re sure that you’ve noticed the flood of spam in the comments section lately. Spammers beware–we are completely on top of it. As we figure out a way to put a stop to this madness, we ask you for your patience and that you don’t stop leaving your own comments, because we love hearing from you!