In decades past, women who had handbags named after them were typically of the screen-goddess variety: consider Hermès’ Birkin (after Jane Birkin) or Kelly (for Grace Kelly) classics. But when it comes to their modern muses, Mulberry favors the fashion flock’s girl crushes. First, there was the bestselling Alexa—and now, Mulberry’s Emma Hill has selected songstress Lana Del Rey as her newest inspiration for a covetable carryall.
The duffle-style "Del Rey" starts at $1,250, comes in a variety of shades and hits stores this May. But Lana, fittingly, was the first to get her hands on her namesake purse, carrying a custom version in white ostrich at the brand’s fall runway show last week.
"I love Lana’s nostalgic references to bygone glamour and the fact that her look is retrospective yet so modern. This inspired us to create a bag that was timeless, refined and elegant, yet with a beautiful practicality," said Hill of the Del Rey. Click through the slideshow to see the Lana’s brand-new bag in every color. What do you think of the "Video Games" singer as Mulberry’s new muse?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Too Cute Video: Mulberry Invites You to Its Fall 2012 Show
- Lucky Listens: Lana Del Rey’s Born to Die
- Lana Del Rey Lands a Modeling Contract
- Lana Del Rey, Kate Bosworth and Gia Coppola Fête Mulberry at the Chateau Marmont
- Lindsay Lohan is Hosting Saturday Night Live on March 3—But What Should She Wear?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine