Within the wide spectrum of opinions on Hedi Slimane’s work at Saint Laurent (many fashion critics, including the NYT‘s Cathy Horyn, have said some harsh things, but Courtney Love and Kate Moss are big supporters), it seems that Lena Dunham is a fan. The Girls writer/director/actress choose a gold halter dress from Slimane’s Fall 2013 collection for her appearance at the Time 100 Gala in New York City yesterday, which she paired with black T-strap pumps by the same brand.
Given her own predilection for causing controversy, it’s no big surprise that the star has decided to align herself with such a polarizing designer. Just the look alone leaves plenty of room for debate: while the color is very pretty and the halter nicely highlights her shoulder tattoo, we’re not entirely sure if a plunging neckline and full skirt is the best cut for her. Then again, we’ve got to applaud Dunham for taking a risk, both in her choice of style and label. After all, isn’t that what makes red carpet-watching fun?
How do you feel about Lena’s Saint Laurent dress?
More on Luckymag.com:
- Rachel Antonoff’s Lena Dunham-Directed Fall 2013 Video Is All About Friendship
- Shop Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet’s Looks From the Girls Season 2 Premiere
- Charlotte Olympia’s Kitty Flats Get Some Crazy Piercings For the Met Ball
- Nail Spring’s Hottest Trends With Six Vintage Pieces You Can Find Anywhere
- Watch: Jimmy Kimmel Busts Coachella-Goers Lying About Liking Fake Bands
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine