The Scene: Highlands discotheque, anyone? Designer Johnson Hartig, who only relaunched his collection last year, blended utilitarian, outdoorsy silhouettes with embellishments that were anything but.
The Soundtrack: A jazzed-up remix of Lykke Li’s "I Follow Rivers" was the perfect tune to get the models grooving during their collective, joyous final walk.
The Look: Checked coats and capes were sprinkled with mother-of-pearl discs, silver studs and glimmering crystals by the thousands. Meanwhile, each model wore a pair of neon, lace-overlaid ankle boots finished with even more sparkling stones—a collaborative effort between Libertine and Jean-Michel Cazabat. In short, this was not a collection for wallflowers.
Pieces We Want: The last several coats shown were done in deep blue bouclé and embellished with silver beadwork in the shape of tree branches (or perhaps veins). They provided a nice palate cleanser after Hartig’s parade of disco-tinged outerwear.
More on Luckymag.com:
- M.Patmos Fall 2012: Wrap Skirts and Wooden Baubles
- Erickson Beamon Fall 2012: A Sparkling Prohibition-Era Shindig
- Shop the Trend: Black, White and Gray All Over
- Richard Chai Fall 2012: Woolen Stripes and Pockets Aplenty
- Simon Doonan and Jonathan Adler Have Got You Covered This Valentine’s Day
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine