She might be a pre-teen, but Mad Men star Kiernan Shipka is a massive source of style inspiration at Lucky, as is her costume designer Janie Bryant. The two sat down with our Executive Fashion Director, Alexis Bryan Morgan, to talk vintage, bloggers and the real story behind that Zou Bisou dress.
Three Things You Didn’t Know About Kiernan Shipka:
1. She’s a budding designer. "I’ve designed three dresses," she revealed. "But by the time I go and buy the fabric and get it made, I’ve grown out of it! I spent so long designing them!"
2. Her favorite label is… "Oscar de la Renta just released a children’s line that I love…I was able to take a sneak peek of their fall line."
3. She also adores sweats. "I recently got into yoga, so I’m also obsessed with Lululemon."
Three Things You Didn’t Know About Janie Bryant:
1. Her favorite period in fashion history is French Baroque. "Who doesn’t love a man in a wig?"
2. Sally and Betty always wear contrasting colors. "It’s to demonstrate the contrast in their personalities."
3. A dress from the show she’d love to have: "I’m a huge fan of the Zou Bisou dress." (So was much of the audience.) "I want it in white."
Pictured, from left: Bryant, Shipka and Morgan.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Live From FABB West: Zac Posen
- All About FABB
- 25 Pairs of Pattern Denim
- Lucky Stars: Tribeca Film Festival
- Shop the Show: Revenge
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine