Anyone familiar with my style knows I’m not really one to experiment with daring trends. My daily uniform generally consists of an A-line skirt paired with a drapey tee, a cinched-waist dress in a classic, solid hue or—if I’m feeling particularly adventurous—maybe a little bit of color-blocking action.
But I have to admit that over the past couple months, I’ve developed quite the fondness for paisley, the exotic Indian pattern that’s popped up on numerous runways over the past year. Jil Sander, Stella McCartney and J.W. Anderson have all recently shown cool separates splashed with the bohemian swirls, and they’ll even be a part of the latter’s forthcoming Topshop capsule.
Needless to say, I wanted a way to bring a little paisley into my own wardrobe—and this bold ASOS minidress fit the bill perfectly. I love its exposed back zipper, its accessible price tag (under $100!) and the fact that it incorporates a second big-time Fall 2012 trend: quilting.
Oh, and it’s nipped-in waist and flared skirt doesn’t hurt, either. Get one for yourself here.
More on Luckymag.com:
- United Bamboo x Madewell: See and Shop the Looks
- Lookbook Love Exclusive: Love, Zooey Fall 2012
- Tia Mowry’s Favorite Things From Lucky‘s September Issue
- Solange Knowles’ Full Campaign for Madewell, Right This Way
- Dreama Walker’s Intense New Movie, Wacky Halloween Costumes, and, Of Course, Fall Fashion Musts
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine