Maison Martin Margiela’s capsule line for H&M—which officially lands in stores today—did not ignite the same level of manic (and sometimes violent) frenzy in Europe as the Swedish brand’s previous collaborations with Lanvin and Versace. WWD reports that while crowds across the Atlantic still arrived early, the sheer number of shoppers was way more manageable than usual.
This does not, however, mean you should expect markdowns anytime soon—product is still pretty damn depleted, with the majority of locations abroad completely sold out. And select doors around the US opened at 8AM, which means American fans are probably paying for their Lucite wedge and nude illusion body suits as I type.
Not ready to face the crowds, even if they’re smaller than usual? There’s always eBay, where pieces have been apearing since the last month’s press preview. And after this morning, there’ll only be more to choose from. Everything has a generous mark-up, of course. So if you aren’t reading this from your smart phone while waiting in line but still want some MMM x H&M in your closet, consider it your sleeping-in tax.
Click through the slideshow below to shop my MMM x H&M picks on eBay and visit Hm.com to find a location selling near you.
More on Luckymag.com:
- Maison Martin Margiela for H&M’s TV Spot: Popping, Locking and Chair-Dancing
- Kanye West, SJP and Major Models Celebrated the Launch of Maison Martin Margiela for H&M
- Maison Martin Margiela x H&M: Here’s the Full Lookbook (Updated!)
- Maison Martin Margiela x H&M: Why This Is So Crazy
- Maison Martin Margiela x H&M: See the Campaign Now!
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine