This weekend, Margherita Missoni wed her Italian race car driver beau Eugenio Amos in Brunello, Italy. But interestingly, the Missoni heiress—who generally chooses to support her family’s brand by wearing its zigzag knits to social functions and galas—chose not one, but two wedding-day looks from an entirely different designer.
Margherita chose two versions of the same couture gown by Giambattista Valli, the first in traditional white and the second in a soft pink hue, for her ceremony and reception. Covered in delicate floral appliqués and stunning embroidery, the dresses had voluminous, off-the-shoulder long sleeves. And in a nice nod to her roots, the bride had Valli make the two ensembles from Missoni silk and organza fabrics. Congrats to the happy couple!
More on Luckymag.com:
- Wedding Tips From Lucky‘s Editors
- The Modern Evolution of the Long-Sleeved Wedding Dress
- Miley Cyrus’ Engagement Ring Revealed: Shop Similar Styles Now
- 50 Floral Pieces Under $50
- Michelle Williams vs. Rashida Jones: Who Wore Altuzarra Best?
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine