Saint Laurent confirmed today that Marilyn Manson will front the brand’s upcoming ad campaign—shocking right? Maybe not. Although the counterculture star is not the most traditional choice of models, he makes sense for this particular brand. Ever since its new creative director, Hedi Slimane, took the reigns two seasons back, he’s ignited one controversy after another: name changes and fashion critic feuds and grunge-inspired collections that maybe look a little too much like second hand clothes. So if we’ve learned to expect anything from post-Pilati YSL, it’s the unexpected. Mr. Manson, with his mysterious demeanor and feline features should fit in just fine. To the left, we’ve included a sneak peek of one of the upcoming ads and we must say, he does photograph well. Hmm, could this be the start of a epic career change?
More on Luckymag.com:
- 12 Prom-Perfect Dresses Inspired By Hollywood’s Most Iconic Moments
- Hair Tutorial: How To Get Game Of Thrones’ Best Braids!
- The Most Stylish Video Game Characters Ever
- Which Brand Just Gave Cate Blanchett A $10 Million Payday?
- The Five Major Differences Between Toronto Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week
Keep up with the Lucky team on Twitter: Follow @LuckyMagazine